Best Shopping in Paradise Island
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Bahamas team
When you visit the Bahamas you should definitely pick up a little something to carry home. No need to go on a wild shopping spree, many items will likely be a lot cheaper in your own home country; however, there are certain things in the Bahamas that are simply one of a kind.
Commercial souvenirs and duty free items like jewelry and alcohol are easy to come by; while one-of-a-kind keepsake items are often tucked inside unsuspecting places. Visit the local art galleries in particular to find unique items. Straw weaving is a traditional technique used to create indigenous craft, such as handbags, totes, baskets and bowls. Ensure you ask for locally made straw products to avoid the imported lookalikes and to support a Bahamian tradition that is hundreds of years old.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Bahamas:If youʻre booking your trip to Bahamas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Fort Lauderdale: Bahamas Full-Day Trip by Ferry
- Nassau: Pig Beach Island Ticket with Hotel Transfer
- From Miami: Bimini Bahamas Day Trip by Ferry
- Freeport: Taste of the Bahamas Guided Food & Cultural Tour
- From Nassau: Exuma Swimming Pigs, Sharks and More