My Guide Website?
Nassau: Rum Tastings and Culinary Walking Tour29 Reviews
Stroll downtown Nassau and stop to taste rums and rum-infused food on a guided walking tour. Learn about piracy and prohibition when rum and other spirits played a colorful role in Bahamian history.
- Taste Bahamian rum and other spirits infused in chocolate and from the bottle
- Visit Nassau's newly established rum distillery and chocolate factory
- Meet some of Nassau's most hilarious bartenders at local pubs and bars
- See where thousands of barrels of alcohol were stored during US prohibition days
- Learn how Nassau became known as the Pirate's Republic, a haven for buccaneers
DescriptionEnlighten your taste buds on this rum-themed guided walking tour through the heart of historic Downtown Nassau. Sample rum-infused sweet and savory bites, learn how to taste rum like a professional, and try your hand at making a rum cocktail. Begin by sampling rum and cocktails at John Watling’s Distillery. Head to Pirate’s Republic Brewing Company, enjoy a swig of the demon water, and delve into a time when inebriated pirates roamed the streets. Next try some boozy hand-crafted chocolates at Graycliff Chocolatier. Finally, taste some rum-infused delicacies at Hillside House Travel back in time to rum-running days and learn about the importance of rum and other spirits in Bahamian history. Hear profiteering tales of how these historic properties stored liquor for ocean transport across illicit passages of the Gulf Stream from Nassau’s harbor.
Includes5 rum tastings 3 cocktails Rum tasting tutorial Mixology class Rum infused appetizers Conch Fritters Hand-crafted chocolate bonbons Rum cake
- • Wear ventilated fabric and comfortable clothing. Pack your camera, hat, and sunscreen. Also have a bite to eat before you come, as the rum tastings are quite strong on an empty stomach! All stops have restroom facilities, however, it is advisable to visit one beforehand
- You must be 18 with a valid photo ID to participate in the rum and cocktail tastings.