My Guide Website?
Nassau Bites and Sites Food & Cultural Tour66 Reviews
Tease your taste buds on a food and culture tour of Old Nassau’s charming neighborhood, and enjoy 6 delicious, authentic local food tastings, with fascinating historical, cultural and architectural insights along the way.
- Escape Bay Street’s busy downtown strip, and explore the city’s off-the-beaten path sites and flavors
- Savour one-of-a-kind food tastings from 6 local eateries, specialty food stores and family owned ethnic restaurants
- Enjoy a delicious culinary experience that includes insights from the island's top chefs and restaurant owners
- Hear about Old Nassau's riveting history, vibrant culture, and charming architecture
- Meet and engage with local restaurateurs, artisans, entrepreneurs, and fellow food lovers
- Learn why conch is considered to be such a beloved and mythical local delicacy in Bahamian culture
- Experience true Nassau as you eat, drink, and discover the 'Tru' Bahamas in just 3 hours
DescriptionGet off the beaten path on a 3-hour food and culture tour of Nassau, and indulge your spirit of adventure as well as your taste buds. Your guide will take you on a journey into the heart of Old Nassau to savor 6 food tastings, each carefully chosen to highlight the best local flavors the island has to offer. Visit adored eateries, unique specialty food stores, and family-owned ethnic restaurants. Learn about Bahamian foods from charismatic chefs and artisan producers. Stops include a favorite family owned downhome eatery which serves soul-warming Bahamian classics and specitaly rum cocktails. Enjoy Nassau’s best Bahamian macaroni and cheese and head to an organic, fair trade Chocolatier featuring hand-made truffles by an award-winning pastry chef. Between tastings, experience the country’s political and commercial center through the eyes of several generations as you stroll the charming tree-lined streets of Nassau’s historic Downtown neighborhood. Your enthusiastic guide will share their knowledge and recommendations of architectural gems, enchanting local flora, fascinating colonial relics, and you'll also get to see exciting local attractions and restaurants.
IncludesAll food tastings Exclusive privileges from tour tasting locations, including special in-store coupons and behind the scenes access to local chef and restaurant owners Professionally trained guides with extensive local foodie knowledge and great personalities Post-tour recipe selection featuring exclusive contributions from all tour tasting locations
- Tours can accommodate food allergies and aversions. Please advise in advance if you have any special dietary needs
- Total tour length is approximately 3 hours; please allow for a 15 minute grace period
- The tour does not finish at the starting point. Detailed return directions and a map are provided
- Shopping during the tour is prohibited
- Tasting locations are subject to change
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible or recommended for persons with limited mobility due to several hills and staircases
- Tours are held rain or shine. Please dress accordingly
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended. Total walking distance is approximately 1 mile
- Young foodies are welcome on the tours, but they must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 3, who will not consume at the tasting locations, do not require a separate ticket
- Purchaser agrees to Supplier's Waiver and Release of Claims
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled