My Guide Website?
Nassau: Historic and Cultural Highlights Tour with Transfer
Enjoy a nice overview of Bahamian history and culture as you explore downtown Nassau. Join this comprehensive trip to see Fort Montaque, Fort Fincastle, the Queen Staircase, and many other landmarks.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bahamas:If youʻre booking your trip to Bahamas last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel back to the very beginnings of Bahamian history on a fun Nassau tour
- Learn about the importance of each site you visit from a professional guide
- Walk around the iconic Straw Market and stop at the Parliament Buildings
- See major ancient monuments, like the Montaque, Fincastle, and Charlotte forts
- Pass by Pompey Square, the Pirate Museum, and the National Art Gallery
DescriptionTake a trip back in time through Bahaman history on an informative discovery journey to the major landmarks of downtown Nassau. Learn some key facts about The Bahamas before heading out with your guide and seeing each historic site up close. Get picked up from your hotel, or the port if you're a cruise passenger, and discover some of the local highlights. Begin with a walk past Pompey Square, the Straw Market, the Pirate Museum, and the Parliament Buildings, where you'll hear about the function and importance of the site. Move along toward Fort Montaque for a fantastic photo op, passing Atlantis along the way. Stop at Fort Fincastle and the Queen Staircase, then enjoy some time to explore and shop from local vendors if you wish to. See the Governor General's estate while heading toward Graycliff Chocolate Factory, the National Art Gallery Bahamas, and John Watling's Distillery. Culminate your experience with a view of Fort Charlotte and Clifford Park.
IncludesHotel/port pickup and drop-off Transportation during the activity Tour guide
- This tour requires some walking. Please dress comfortably and make sure you're physically capable of some leisure walking Guests that have lodging arrangements at an Airbnb, will be required to meet the guide at Prince George Wharf, opposite the Straw Market. Drop-off is still available after the tour No alcohol consumption is allowed while on the tour